Turning Point provides the following services:
- Information and referrals to emergency shelters, clothing sources and agencies that can meet other specific client needs
- Utility assistance, as an element of homelessness prevention, to clients with shut off notices
- Rental assistance, as an element of homelessness prevention, to clients with modest, one time needs who can sustain their current housing
- Use of telephones and a temporary mailing address
- Housing and employment information
- Emergency food supplies
- Other forms of assistance as required to address client needs
The program provides free diapers and wipes to income qualified families once each month.
WACH Special Programs
The WACH board of directors operates the following seasonal special programs all of which depend on donations and volunteer personal shoppers:
Christmas Gifts for children. This program provides personally selected gifts to children in need.
Christmas dinner “baskets” for families. This program provides all essential supplies for family Christmas dinners.
Beach Bucket Brigade. In partnership with MA Children’s Relief and Wareham Public School staff this program helps preschool and elementary school aged children with transition to summer items.
Backpack to School. Also in partnership with MA Children’s Relief, this program provides backpacks, filled with start of school supplies, to in need kindergarteners through high school seniors.
Nights of Hospitality
Need to get in out of the cold?
If you are Homeless or just Out of Heating Oil and need A Warm Place to Stay Overnight or if you know of someone who is, spread the word. Several Wareham churches will be opening their doors for…
Men, women, and families are welcome
Bedding, Dry Socks, Dinner & Breakfast are provided
Nights of Hospitality opens the Sunday after Christmas and runs for 12 weeks.
Open Every Night 7 PM to 7 AM
Supervised by church volunteers
Safe, Secure, Warm
Nights of Hospitality is sponsored by the Wareham Area Clergy Association.